Week #1: Kickoff!
Theme: Orient students to the Refreshing Recess program. Talk about how to Refresh Recess by emphasizing 3 components on the Refreshing Recess Poster: time to enjoy fun activities, enjoy socializing with friends, and learn how to be responsible and respectful.
- Recess supervisors learn strategies for how to Refresh Recess by promoting positive behavior and responding to challenges.
- Students are oriented to the Refreshing Recess program and learn about the 3 components on the Refreshing Recess Poster and Bookmark. Students engage in a fun recess activity.
Refreshing Recess Week #1 Lesson Plan (download handout)
Supporting materials (downloadable)
Every Moment Counts materials:
- Refreshing Recess Poster (copy, laminate and hang up)
- Refreshing Recess Bookmark (for students, copy double-sided and cut into 4 bookmarks)
- Refreshing Recess Coloring Sheet (for students)
- Recess Activity Ideas (for OT and recess supervisors)
- Recess Funding Ideas (for OT and recess supervisors)
- Refreshing Recess Newsletter Week #1: Benefits, Challenges & Solutions
Materials from other sources/authors: