Week #6: Fun for Everyone
Theme: Let's make sure everyone has fun. Children engage in Untying Knots game. Supervisors learn about bully prevention.
- Students engage in an activity that promotes working together cooperatively to solve a problem.
- Supervisors learn about bullying and how to prevent it.
- Closure. Celebrate the last Refreshing Recess session; commit to sustaining a positive recess environment.
Recess Week #6 Lesson Plan (download handout)
Supporting materials (downloadable)
Every Moment Counts materials:
Materials from other sources/authors:
- Bully Prevention & Friendship Promotion Information Sheet (Retrieved from http://www.aota.org/-/media/Corporate/Files/Practice/Children/SchoolMHToolkit/BullyingPreventionInfoSheet.pdf)
- Bully Prevention Manual (Elementary) (Retrieved from http://www.pbis.org/common/cms/files/pbisresources/bullyprevention_ES.pdf)
- Bully Prevention Manual (Middle School) (Retrieved from http://www.pbis.org/common/cms/files/pbisresources/BullyPrevention_PBS_MS.pdf)
- Bullying Prevention and Intervention: Tips for Schools/Institutions (Retrieved from http://www.adl.org/assets/pdf/education-outreach/Bullying-Prevention-and-Intervention-Tips-for-Schools-Institutions.pdf)
- Tips for Bullied Students (Retrieved from https://www.bullyfree.com/site/files/Tips_for_Students_January_23_2014_doc.pdf)