Week #2: Friendship
Theme: Friendship! How to be a good friend, make new friends, and include others.
- Students learn qualities of a good friend and how to make and be a friend.
- Supervisors learn about friendship, how to foster friendships and mealtime conversation starter and tips.
Comfortable Cafeteria Week #2 Lesson Plan (download handout)
Supporting materials (downloadable)
Handouts for Supervisors & Teachers:
- Friendship Development for Supervisors/Teachers
- Fostering Friendships – Strategies for Supervisors
- Peer Mediated Strategies
Handout for Students:
Materials from other sources/authors:
- Tony Attwood's website about Understanding and Teaching Friendship Skills at http://www.tonyattwood.com.au/index.php/publications/by-tony-attwood/archived-papers/75-understanding-and-teaching-friendship-skills
- Friendship Observation Schedule at http://cdn.tonyattwood.com.au/images/stories/pdfs/obs.pdf
- Power Point presentation by Julie Steward from the University of Louisville on developing Lunch Bunch Programs. https://louisville.edu/education/kyautismtraining/videos/LunchBunchWebinar.pdf